IPL- Politécnico de Lisboa is a public institution with a long history in the field of higher education, is composed of the following schools:
- School of Communication and Media Studies
- School of Dance
- Lisbon School of Education
- Lisbon School of Music
- Lisbon Theatre and Film School
- Lisbon School of Health Technology
- Lisbon Accounting and Business School
- Lisbon Engineering School
IPL provides Undergraduate, Masters, Postgraduate and Doctoral programs (in partnership with universities); it offers a diversified range of courses in Arts, Business Sciences, Health Sciences, Communication, Education and Engineering. IPL’s primary objective has always been to provide academic instruction for employability and for continued professional development, founded on a secure knowledge of science, arts and culture.
Our Institution contributes to national development by educating professionals whose abilities and value as employees have been nationally and internationally recognized.
IPL provides education that develops the whole person by promoting citizenship and encouraging the active participation of our students in their institution and in their community. We are committed to strengthening international relationships, especially with our partners in the European Union and in Portuguese - speaking countries.
IPL- Politécnico de Lisboa promotes the following institutional values:
- academic excellence;
- excellence in research and development;
- openness and engagement with society ;
- social commitment;
- a merit-based culture;
- strengthening international ties through cooperation and scientific exchange with European and Portuguese-speaking countries.