The Polytechnic of Lisbon, while, institution of public higher education, within the framework of its mission, has a need for the collection of personal data, being responsible for the treatment of them, under the current legislation.
We are committed to the protection of your personal data, and in respect of the exercise of the right to privacy.
Are considered personal data, the information relating to a natural person, identified or identifiable, directly or indirectly, for example, through the name, photograph, identification number, or any other identity element provided for in the legislation in force.
Entity responsible for the processing
The entity responsible for the collection and processing of the data is the Lisbon Polytechnic, taking into account the nature, scope, context and purposes of the processing of the data, as well as the risks to the rights and freedoms of natural persons, in accordance with the RGPD.
Enloaded Data Protection (EPD) / Data Protection Officer (DPO)
For matters relating to the processing of personal data and relating to the exercise of rights conferred on it by the RGPD, you may be contacted the data protection officer of the Lisbon Polytechnic: Nuno Pires; email@example.com; + 351 217 200 200 ext. 80108; Benfica Road, 529-1549-020 Lisbon.
The data protection officer of the Polytechnic of Lisbon plays, among others, the following functions:
- Informa and advises the Lisbon Polytechnic or the subcontractor, as well as the workers who handle data, regarding their obligations under the RGPD or applicable law;
- Controls the compliance of data processing with the data protection provisions of the European Union or the Member States, as well as with the policies of the controller, or the subcontractor, regarding the protection of personal data;
- Pressure advice, when it is requested, as to the assessment of the impact of data protection, and controls its realization, in the terms of Article 35 of the RGPD;
- Cooperates with the supervisory authority, entity you can consult, and it is your point of contact for issues relating to data processing.
Collection of personal data
The Lisbon Polytechnic is committed to the protection of the privacy of users of its services, having for this the care of developing / using technology that offers the best security and privacy guarantees.
To users, most often, it is given the possibility to browse the website of the Polytechnic of Lisbon without it being necessary to provide the personal data. Sometimes they are, however, collected and stored some essential information for the provision and access to services.
Treatment of personal data
Where personal data is collected by the IPL, whose yielding depends on the consent of its holder, it is given information on the specific, certain, explicit and legitimate purposes of the collection.
Should the processing of the personal data be warranted for another purpose other than the initially described, we will always request explicit consent for the same, with the exception of cases in which the treatment is lawful without consent, in accordance with the current legislation.
Licitude of the treatment of Personal Data
According to the prevailing legislation on personal data protection, the Polytechnic of Lisbon may, still, lawfully, treat your personal data in specific situations, such as when:
- The processing is necessary for the execution of a contract, in which the data holder is a party, or for the realization of pre-contractual representations at the request of the data holder;
- The processing is necessary for the fulfilment of legal obligations of the Politecnico of Lisbon;
- The processing is necessary for the defence of vital interests of the data holder or of another natural person;
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Lisbon Polytechnic or by third parties, except if the interests or rights and fundamental freedoms of the holder who require the protection of personal data, in particular if the holder is a child.
- The treatment is necessary for the purposes of fulfilling obligations and the exercise of specific rights of the IPL, or of the holder of the data on labour, social security and social protection legislation, in the terms provided for in the RGPD.
- The treatment is necessary for the purposes of public filing and interest, of scientific or historical research, or for statistical purposes, in the terms provided for in the RGPD.
The information collected is for use of the Lisbon Polytechnic, according to the purposes indicated at the time of collection or for compliance with legal obligations.
The information collected will be treated confidentially and could be acheed, by a restricted set of workers from the Polytechnic of Lisbon, in fulfillment of the professional duties, in the precise limits and for the purposes of the exercise of their functions.
Protection of personal information
The Lisbon Polytechnic will apply technical and organisational measures appropriate and necessary to protect the information stored in the system against access, use, alteration or destruction of personal information.
The personal data will be retained for the minimum period of time required for the specific purposes of the processing which has been on the basis of its subsequent collection or processing, in compliance with the current legislation.
Rights of the data subjects
At any time, the holder of the personal data, has the right to apply for access to it, as well as, to apply for rectification or their erasureo, to oppose treatment, to withdraw your consent and to exercise the remaining rights provided for in the Act, within the limits of the current legislation.
Should you withdraw your consent, this does not compromise the liceness of the data processing effected, on the basis of the prior consent that has been given.
The holder of the personal data has, still, the right to be notified in the event of a breach of the personal data, according to and pursuant to the RGPD.
Generically, this privacy and processing of personal data applies to all services provided by the Lisbon Polytechnic and its Organic Units, without prejudice to other policies, agreements and applicable legislation in more specific contexts of collection and processing of personal data.
Changes to this policy
The IPL may change the privacy and processing policy of personal data, where technically or legally it is justifiable.
The changes apply to the new processing of personal data being that if they have an impact on the processing of personal data already collected, the Lisbon Polytechnic will inform the holder of the same, of these changes, so that the same can give explicit consent, or enforce your right of opposition or erasure.
Collection of technical / anonymous information
This site collects anonymous information about its visitors, which is made available by browsers and web servers, such as, browser type, language preferences, source site, pages visited, duration of the visit (s), date and time of each request, terms of research, among others. No information is collected, intentionally, that can be used to identify the visitors to the site. The collection of this information is done with the aim of understanding how our users use the site, with the aim of improving the quality and usefulness of the services we provide.
Notwithstanding the information, anonymous, collected and treated on our platform of Web Analytics, technical information on your visit (s) can be collected on the part of the technological infrastructure that supports the system. The Polytechnic de Lisboa does not share this information with third parties, without prejudice to the legal requirements imposed by the current legislation (i.e., this information may be shared with the competent public authorities, in compliance with Portuguese and European legislation).
When using this site we store cookies (small files with information) on your access device, that allow us, for example, to realize whether or not you intend to contribute anonymous information to our platform of Web Analytics, whether or not it is authenticated on the site, among others.
The cookies may be blocked and / or disabled by resorting to the definitions or add-ons of your browser. See your browser's documentation for more information.
Updated on 06/19/2018